Children’s dentistry is the dental specialty that provides preventive and therapeutic oral care for children and adolescents (up to 12 years of age), including those with special needs.
En Odontología de Marlon Becerra integramos diferentes especialidades: Odontopediatría, Ortopedia Maxilar y Ortodoncia, así brindamos mayor exactitud en el tratamiento de cada uno de nuestros pequeños.
ODONTOPEDIATRÍA CUIDADO DE LOS DIENTES EN NIÑOS
One of the main objectives of pediatric dentistry is to promote oral care habits from early childhood. This way, as the child grows up, he or she will know the importance of preventive hygiene and the benefits of visiting the dentist.
USE OF THE TEAT
- Use it only to give formulated milk.
- Do not add any type of sugar or sweetener.
- If the child falls asleep while being fed, clean the teeth before putting the child to bed.
- Brush teeth with water only.
- The bottle should be abandoned gradually from the age of 12 months and definitively when the molars erupt.
Use of fluoride in dental treatment for children
- It should be applied when the child develops the ability to spit, to avoid swallowing it.
- Fluoride application should be performed every 6 months.
- Moderate the consumption of sugars, especially during the first 2 years.
- Avoid consumption of “hidden sugars” and sugars with a sticky consistency.
Do you know what fluoride varnish is? is an easy and fast substance to apply on the teeth. It adheres quickly to tooth surfaces generating a protective layer that releases fluoride for approximately 6 months. Specially designed to protect your teeth against caries and make them more resistant. It can be used in patients from the appearance of milk teeth.
Cuidados después de aplicar Barniz de flúor
- During the first hour after your treatment avoid food consumption.
- On the day of your treatment, do not eat hot foods, sticky sweets and chewing gum.
- Do not brush or floss for at least 4 to 6 hours.
- If during the first few days your teeth have a yellowish color, do not worry, it will disappear after brushing.
¿Cómo limpiar los dientes de tus hijos?
- Cleaning should be done by the parents until the child is autonomous (6-8 years old).
- Before the eruption of the first teeth, start oral hygiene at least once a day, preferably after each feeding with a wet gauze.
- After the eruption of the first teeth, start with hygiene once a day with a silicone thimble or an infant toothbrush without toothpaste.
- After the eruption of first molars, use children’s toothbrush.
- Use dental floss when there is already contact between teeth.
- You can buy toothpastes specially designed for each infant’s age.
- Use toothpaste with higher concentrations of fluoride in children over 7 years of age.
- Your first dental appointment should take place no later than the first year and should ideally be with a pediatric dentist. This professional handles less traumatic techniques for the procedures and, in addition, tells you how to teach your child to collaborate in the cleaning.
Learn about the advantages of visiting a specialist at an early age.
When to have pediatric dentistry - pediatric dentistry?
- Pain when consuming cold, hot or sweet foods.
- Teeth in bad position.
- Chronic headaches.
- Jaws that are too far forward, too far back or too narrow.
- When biting the cheek or bruxing the lower centrals.
- When you grind your teeth and present dental wear, muscle and joint pain.
- Alterations in chewing, swallowing, phonation and breathing.
- Aesthetic alterations that generate changes in facial harmony.
Learn about the advantages of pediatric dentistry.
- Possible irregularities in the position of teeth or jaws will be detected.
- You will receive education on maintaining good oral health.
- Recibirá formación para mantener una buena salud bucodental.
- To prevent tooth loss.
- To check the primary dentition, since malposition can be corrected even when the teeth start to erupt, thus facilitating future orthodontic treatment.
- Treatments performed from an early age ensure the dental wellbeing of your children.
Get to know our
LEAVE US YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
Schedule an appointment at your nearest location.