``The art of treating a tooth internally``.
Dr. Marlon Becerra Díaz
Benefits of dental implants
A dental implant can help you maintain a beautiful smile treatments in implant dentistry are dental crowns, fixed prosthesis -All on four. In addition to that, it also offers you the following benefits:
- Facilitates chewing and speech. As dental implants offer better support inside the mouth than removable prostheses, they allow better chewing and speech functions.
- Maintain the integrity of adjacent teeth. It allows to keep in good condition the dental pieces that were around the lost tooth.
- Avoids discomfort from removable prostheses. Allows normal chewing and speaking.
Get to know Olga Garzón's story
Dentistry Patient Marlon Becerra
What are dental implants?
These are titanium screws that are placed in the bone and replace lost natural teeth. Designed to remain fixed in your mouth and replace the root of your teeth. Designed to remain fixed in your mouth and replace the root of your teeth.
The implants are made of alloys of titanium (specifically titanium, aluminum, vanadium) with different degrees of purity. The higher the purity, the better the biocompatibility, fatigue resistance and elastic behavior.
We want to see you smile!
Restore the esthetics, strength and functionality of your teeth with dental implants.
Schedule your appointment for an evaluation, learn about the treatment you need from our expert specialists in complex and simple cases.
TYPES OF DENTAL IMPLANT TREATMENTS
They are used when tooth loss, fracture or severe wear occurs. They can be made in various materials such as porcelain, ceramic and others. They restore the esthetics, strength and functionality of your teeth.
Fixed Protésis -All on four
It is used when you have lost all the teeth in your jaw and you need to replace your removable total prosthesis with a fixed prosthesis. In this case 4 implants are used in strategically chosen sites that support the hybrid dental prosthesis (metal-acrylic) and generate a complete and functional structure of the smile.
Did you know that?
Tooth loss causes
Losing teeth affects your quality of life. You will feel uncomfortable talking, the digestive process will be difficult and you will be embarrassed to show your smile. It also reflects on you:
Problems due to tooth loss
- Change in the physical appearance of the face
- Reduction of the maxillary bone.
- Headaches or general aches and pains.
- Difficulty eating.
- Low self-esteem.
- Premature aging.
- Affect your smile.
Keep in mind these steps before having a dental implant performed
- Be in good physical and mental health.
- If you have any systemic disease, it must be under strict medical control to avoid risks during and after the procedure.
- You must have control of harmful habits (smoking, alcohol intake) that may affect the treatment.
- It can be placed in most adults, the minimum age and in patients who have completed their craniofacial growth stage.
- Make sure that the dentists specializing in Periodontics and Maxillofacial Surgery request specific tests (x-rays, tomography, laboratory tests) to determine if you are suitable for this procedure, taking into account that you must have enough bone to place implants or perform previous bone regeneration surgeries, in order to determine the most viable option according to the patient’s condition.
Before performing the implant dentistry process, your dentist should pay close attention to your oral health and review the procedures he/she will perform. Implants are not always recommended to be placed immediately, in some cases orthodontics should be performed first. Everything will depend on the missing pieces, their position in the mouth and the esthetic work to be done.
Once you lose a tooth, you must start using dental implants. If you do not know how much a dental implant costs and want to check your case with a specialist or want to clear your doubts about this treatment, you can visit us at Marlon Becerra Dentistry. We are waiting for you.
Get to know our
LEAVE US YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
Schedule an appointment at your nearest location.