- El arte de concebir las proporciones y la función -
Oral and maxillofacial surgery treatments
It is a set of procedures aimed at preserving or reconstructing the bony ridge through the use of the patient’s own bone or bone substitutes, in order to allow or facilitate the placement of dental implants or correct esthetic defects resulting from tooth loss due to caries, periodontal disease or dental trauma.
WISDOM TOOTH SURGERY
It consists of the extraction of the third molars or extraction of wisdom teeth, when due to lack of space they do not partially erupt, generating infectious or painful problems, or when the alignment of the other teeth is put at risk.
Symptoms of wisdom teeth
- Red, inflamed and swollen gums.
- Swollen gums, grown over that tooth, which sometimes become infected.
- Bleeding gums.
- Pain in the jaw or maxillary area.
- Difficulty opening the mouth.
- Inflammation or swelling around the jaw.
- Bad breath
These surgeries must be performed by a maxillofacial surgeon, therefore, in Marlon Becerra Dentistry you have a group of specialists who are trained to perform this type of surgery and give you the confidence and quality you deserve.
Highly qualified specialist dedicated to the study, prevention, diagnosis, treatment and rehabilitation of congenital or acquired diseases of the entire facial structure.
Maxillary sinus lift
Increases the height of the upper jaw by filling part of the maxillary sinus with bone. The maxillary sinus is the area above the upper jaw, on each side of the nose, above the posterior teeth. It is performed when the posterior part of the upper jaw does not have enough bone to allow the placement of implants.
Recommendations for maxillary sinus lift surgery
- Avoid sneezing with the mouth open.
- No air travel for 30 days after surgery.
- Do not blow your nose.
- Perform nasal washes according to your dentist’s instructions.
General care in oral surgery
- During the 3 days following treatment: avoid physical exertion and high temperatures on the face. Apply cold compresses and sleep with the head of the bed raised.
- Manages a liquid diet.
- Maintain good oral hygiene.
- Attending follow-up appointments with your specialist.
- Avoid smoking.
In Marlon Becerra Dentistry we count on with the option of “sedation”, in order to provide you with the greatest comfort and peace of mind during the treatment. In addition, it allows you to recover quickly and return to your daily activities shortly after the procedure.
Get to know our
LEAVE US YOUR CONTACT INFORMATION
Schedule an appointment at your nearest location.